1. Students should be graduating seniors with a 3.0 on 4.0 scale or equivalent grade point average. (If transcript indicates
a scale other than 4.0, student should have a minimum of 3.75 on a 5.0 scale, 4.5/6.0 scale, 5.25/7.0 scale, 6.0/8.0
scale, 6.75/9.0 scale or a 7.5/10.0 scale).
2. Students must be pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education (i.e. Junior College, Community
College, Technical College, College or University).
3. Students must support the preservation of the hunting tradition and actively participate in hunting sports. A copy of
current hunting license is required.
4. Students must hold a current NWTF membership.
5. Students must be involved in school activities (i.e. FFA, Ecology Club, Science Club, Beta Club, Student Council, etc.).
6. Students must demonstrate ability as a leader among his or her peers.
7. Students must demonstrate community leadership and/or involvement (i.e. Scouting, 4-H, civic group or club,
8. Students must submit an essay exhibiting dedication to conservation (see application).
9. Three letters of recommendation must be attached to the application (i.e. teacher, counselor, community leader).
10. High schools/students must submit complete applications to the local chapter by January 1. The local chapter
president’s name and address should appear on the application in the box provided.
11. Employees and board members of the NWTF and their family members are not eligible to participate in the program.
1. High schools/students will submit applicant names and qualifications on an official NWTF scholarship application,
along with required attachments, to the local chapter by January 1.
2. Local chapters will forward winners to the state chapter president by February 1.
3. State officers will forward state winners to the NWTF headquarters by March 1, where the NWTF Scholarship
Committee will select the National winner.
5. Winners may not be notified until their high school awards banquet, as many chapters like to surprise students.
6. The national winner will be asked to attend the National Convention the following year to be recognized.
Most Local Scholarship Winners will receive a minimum of $250.
Most State/Provincial Scholarship Winners will receive a minimum of $1,000.
The National Scholarship Winner will receive up to $10,000.
Click here to apply.