The National Wild Turkey Federation scholarship is now available. Students who are current members of the NWTF with a GPA at or above a 3.0 should apply for the scholarship. Students must support the preservation of the hunting tradition and actively participate in hunting sports. Click here for an application. The application must be on file with your local NWTF chapter by January 1, 2020 to be considered.
The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission is excited to announce the launch of a new scholarship program aimed at addressing critical teacher shortages in math, science, elementary education and special education. The Underwood-Smith Teaching Scholars Program will provide up to $10,000 per year ($40,000 total) to help highly qualified recent high school graduates become outstanding West Virginia teachers. Twenty-five recipients will be selected each year from a national applicant pool, with an additional cohort of twenty-five students added each year. Each Underwood-Smith Teaching Scholar will be paired with a professional teacher mentor, who will serve as an active member of the student’s support team. As a condition of the award, scholarship recipients will be required to teach in West Virginia for five years after graduation.
A preliminary application is now available on the program website – www.teachinwv.com – and only takes about 5 minutes to complete. Applicants who meet the minimum scholarship requirements will be invited to submit a full application, which will include a resume and essay. Finalists from this pool will then be asked to submit a short video demonstrating their passion for pursuing a career as a West Virginia teacher. Please note that the priority deadline for preliminary applications is December 31, 2019.
Michelin will select one lucky winner to receive a $100K college scholarship to help cover tuition and supplies. Enter by tagging
@MichelinUSA and #PennyForAFreeRide on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook while taking the "Penny Tread Test" or checking your tire pressure and you will be entered for the chance to win your own free ride to college! For more information visit https://beyondthedrivingtest.com/pennyforafreeride/.
The Maryida Mosby Travel Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to an outstanding West Virginia tenth or eleventh grade student during the West Virginia Alpha Delta Kappa State Convention in April 24-26, 2020. The scholarship is provided in memory of Maryida Mosby, a former social studies teacher and Alpha Delta Kappa member. She was committed to improving world understanding and education through travel. For more information, click here.
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors each year. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, and their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher to be considered for this scholarship. Students can receive up to $20,000. The deadline for this application is November 21st. Click here to apply.
The Italian Heritage Festival Scholarship is now open. Stop by guidance office for application or click here: .http://www.wvihf.com/scholarship.cfm Must be of Italian descent. Deadline is February 1st, 2020. Awards range from $100 to $1,000.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is the largest scholarship foundation in the country. Scholarship recipients may receive up to $40,000 per year for up to four years; pursue any area of study; take advantage of individual college advising; and have the opportunity to network with other high-achievers within the JKCF Scholar community. To be considered, applicants must plan to graduate in the spring of 2016 with intentions of attending a 4-year college. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 with test scores in the top 15% (SAT - 1200 or ACT - 26) and demonstrate financial need. The application deadline is November 13. For more information, visit http://www.jkcf.org.
The 2020 MVS application opens on August 5, 2019. The 2020 Most Valuable Student scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a US Citizen. Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need. The application deadline is November 5, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2020 competition.
Male and female students compete separately.
Ranging from $1,000 per year to $12,500 per year, Most Valuable Student scholarships are for students pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), in a U.S. college or university. All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university.
The Chicago office of the Elks National Foundation will announce the 2020 500 national winners in late April 2020. (Many local Lodges, districts and state Elks associations award their own scholarships through this program. These scholarships are not to be confused with the 500 Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarships.)
Jim Bailey, past Transportation Director of Roane County Schools, was a very active member of the West Virginia Association for Pupil Transportation. He also worked on the national level to help provide the safest transportation for our children. In memory of Jim Bailey, this scholarship was established to provide assistance to students of West Virginia who attend post secondary vocational and technical programs. Since the inception of this scholarship program in 1999, the number of students to receive
assistance has grown from 1 to approximately 12 and the amount of the scholarship has increased to $600.00. The application deadline is April 15th. Click here to apply.
GENERAL FEDERATION OF WOMEN’S CLUBS WEST VIRGINIA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE APRIL 1, 2019
1. The recipient of a scholarship shall be a man or woman who is a United States Citizen and has resided in West Virginia for at least three years prior to applying.
2. Scholarships of up to $1,000 will be available. Recipients will be notified no later than June 1.
3. Only one (1) scholarship will be granted to an applicant in a calendar year. Applicants may apply each year they are attending school. A new completed application is required.
4. Scholarships will be granted for attending an accredited college, professional, vocational or technical program offered by an institution in West Virginia. Students must be full-time students. Scholarships may be granted for attending a school or college outside West Virginia only if the program desired is not offered within the state.
5. Applications should be submitted to the counseling office.
6. The applicant shall submit, with the application, the following requirements for eligibility: a. Two (2) current letters of recommendation, one personal and one academic. Personal/work reference shall be by an adult other than a family member. These need to be signed. b. A recent transcript of grades c. Copy of an official letter of acceptance or validation from the accredited school to be attended, or validation of attendance for those already in a program.
7. Completed applications with all elements must be postmarked by April 1st. The awarded scholarship will be paid directly to the school to be attended.
8. Scholarship recipients will be selected on the criteria of a. Financial need b. Academic info obtained in transcripts c. Leadership/School Activities d. Community Service e. Work Experience
Click here for the application.