1. The recipient of a scholarship shall be a man or woman who is a United States Citizen and has resided in West Virginia for at least three years prior to applying.
2. Scholarships of up to $1,000 will be available. Recipients will be notified no later than June 1.
3. Only one (1) scholarship will be granted to an applicant in a calendar year. Applicants may apply each year they are attending school. A new completed application is required.
4. Scholarships will be granted for attending an accredited college, professional, vocational or technical program offered by an institution in West Virginia. Students must be full-time students. Scholarships may be granted for attending a school or college outside West Virginia only if the program desired is not offered within the state.
5. Applications should be submitted to the counseling office.
6. The applicant shall submit, with the application, the following requirements for eligibility: a. Two (2) current letters of recommendation, one personal and one academic. Personal/work reference shall be by an adult other than a family member. These need to be signed. b. A recent transcript of grades c. Copy of an official letter of acceptance or validation from the accredited school to be attended, or validation of attendance for those already in a program.
7. Completed applications with all elements must be postmarked by April 1st. The awarded scholarship will be paid directly to the school to be attended.
8. Scholarship recipients will be selected on the criteria of a. Financial need b. Academic info obtained in transcripts c. Leadership/School Activities d. Community Service e. Work Experience
Click here for the application.